- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the loaves diagonally to make individual slices, but do not cut all the way through.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a small, microwaveable dish. Stir in the garlic powder.
- Using a spoon or a brush, spread the butter onto both sides of the bread slices. If using cheese, sprinkle cheese on top of the loaf.
- Wrap the loaf in foil and place in preheated oven for 10 minutes. If you like the bread crispy, you can open up the foil in the last few minutes to brown or place under the broiler.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Garlic bread is something that I could eat even when I'm not hungry. It's especially delicious when made from homemade baguettes. I posted the baguette recipe before but now I'll give you my recipe for warm, tasty garlic bread. We eat it with pasta or chili and sometimes, we'll just eat it by itself!
1 loaf of baguette or other crusty bread
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (can add more if you like it garlicky)
1/4 grated cheese (you can use cheddar or something tangy) (optional)