Having a house for sale means that you don't have a lot of time to do any cooking or baking and you tend to eat out a lot. That's something that we're not used to doing and I've been trying to find some quick recipes. Here's a really fast recipe for whipping up some blondies. Blondies are like brownies without the cocoa powder.
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup chocolate chips (can substitute butterscotch chips, chopped nuts or a mixture of nuts and chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8"x8" pan.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Then add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon (if using). Then add it to the butter mixture. Fold in until just mixed.
- Then add the chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour into pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out cleanly. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares and serving.