Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Spicy Hummus



I really enjoy eating dips, but I didn't want to make another one with sour cream and mayonnaise so I decided to make a hummus. Here's my version with a little kick to it since I like everything spicy!


**Sorry, for some reason, blogspot decided to do weird things to my photos, so the lemon got cut out of this photo. 


INGREDIENTS
1 can chick peas
1 roasted red pepper
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons sesame oil (add 1 first, if it's not enough, add another)
1 chipotle pepper (I used 3 because I like it spicy)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 to 1/2 cup water (only if needed to get food processor or blender to whip everything together smoothly)

STEPS
  • Toss everything into a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Serve with bread, pitas, veggies or chips.