- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and lightly flour a 9x13-inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper so that the cake comes out easily.
- Cream together butter and the white and brown sugars.
- Add the eggs and beat well. Then add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Once the flour is fully mixed in, fold in the apples by hand. The batter will not fully cover all of the apple pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove the cake from the pan and allow to cool fully on a wire rack.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
We had some apples that needed to be used up, plus we wanted to make the house smell really nice, so I decided to bake an apple cake.
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
4 cups apples, peeled, cored and diced (I used Granny Smith apples)