Friday, October 3, 2008

Pumpkin Muffins



In keeping with the season, I decided to make something from pumpkin puree. I'll admit, I used canned pumpkin this time, but I have a sugar pumpkin waiting for me to make puree out of it. I plan to make a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving next weekend and will post about it later.
But anyway, I made pumpkin muffins and used some of the apple sauce I made earlier.

Pumpkin Spice Muffins
2 cups pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup apple sauce
2/3 cup water
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 muffin tins or line them with paper muffin cups.
  2. In the mixer bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, and the sugars until mixed together.
  3. In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and spices.
  4. Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture at a slow speed and just until mixed in.
  5. Spoon into the muffin cups and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
These are great breakfast muffins. If you like, you can add chopped nuts or dried fruit to the recipe or you can drizzle with a citrus glaze.