Sunday, November 30, 2008

Veggies and Dip



With the holiday season approaching quickly, weekends are quickly filling up with parties to go to and friends and family to visit. Veggie sticks and dip are quick and easy to make if you want to take a dish with you. Here's a recipe that I have adapted from my mother-in-law. It's delicious and, since I like everything spicy, I've put my own twist on it by adding cayenne pepper and bit of minced jalapeno pepper.

INGREDIENTS
3 tablespoons sour cream (I use fat free and it turns out just fine)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use reduced fat)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

STEPS
  • In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together very well. Transfer to dip bowl and serve with carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, rutabaga, cauliflower, parsnips, radishes or any other vegetable that you might like.