- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then add the zest and combine.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Alternating, add 1/3 of the flour mixture, then 1/2 of the juice, ending with the flour mixture. Stir until fully combined then pour into loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. With about 15-20 minutes remaining, check to ensure that the top doesn't burn. If it is getting dark, lightly cover it with foil.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
We had a bunch of clementines in the fridge that needed to get used up, so I went searching around for a recipe that would help empty out the fridge. I found a recipe that was originally for an orange cake, so I took that and substituted the clementines. I also made some clementine juice just by juicing them by hand. Deliciously sweet!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
grated zest of 12 clementines
1/4 cup clementine juice (you can substitute orange juice)